IE lock up

frtl97

Limp Gawd
I am beggining to expierence lock ups on ie 7,when this happens i can do nothing to the screen, eventually screen grays and a solution box appears, this happens several times a
day. I have run spyware,virus programs,malware,etc., nothing finds any problems. I have
never had this problem before. My question is,is anyone else expierencing this,and if so
have you found a solution for the problem?

Just had a similar situation at a clients this past week, IE 7 would surf a few sites fine...when you went to minimize it or close it...it would hang....nearly locking up the PC..couldn't do anything but end task and have explorer crash and sometimes restart, or....would have to reboot the PC.

Found a new variant of ZLob trojan (the one that powers Virtumonde and Smitfraud)...which some scanners were not recognizing yet in their definitions.

Try looking at the registry RUN sections in both HKLM and HKCU, check taskman, try running CCleaner to empty temp internet files.

What scanning programs did you use? Try again with latest defintions.

Any 3rd party toolbars? If so, uninstall.

I have a similar problem with IE7. When I go to close it, it goes to white screen. I hit ctrl-alt-delete and I can force the browser to shut down using the task manager. Sometimes I get a request to file a report with microsoft, sometimes not. What's up?

Back