IE Keeps hanging(Not Responding type)

jgiants

n00b
Since upgrading my mainboard and cpu and video yesterday(had to do a new install) I am having trouble with IE. I could be say browsing hardforum here and it will just stop or will do it when hitting back button etc. I cant scroll or do anything within the window except minimize or max. Its just your basic hungapp tht gets the (Not Responding) tag.

Its driving me nuts I dont understand what could be causing it, I am running sp2 and everything is up to date. Running a vnf4 nforce4 ultra a 3200+ and a pci-e 6800 ultra.

Happens even at stock speed and everything else is stable and I can say use firefox all I want without the problem.

How many viruses, trojans, etc. did you manage to contract? 4 or 5 months ago, my mother, against me express wishes, clicked on the big blue E. Took 2 hours to clean all the crap from her rig. If firefox is working for ya, which it should, what do you care about IE anyways? It has a single purpose, that is to connect to MS for updates.

Why not try removing it via Control Panel-AddREmove Programs, chose Windows Installed Components and uncheck it there and reboot....See if it is missing and check it to install again.

Back