• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

IE going bonkers.

fleggett

Gawd
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
546
Has anyone had any problems with IE "losing" itself? I don't quite know how else to describe it. After awhile, IE can't seem to render webpages correctly. I get all sorts of screen corruption. The only solution is to close down all tabs and windows and start IE from scratch. Switching to software rendering doesn't help.

I noticed this happening with Windows 7 x64. Things have been somewhat better under Windows 8 x64 CP, but it still occurs, it just takes longer now before IE eventually scrambles itself. I'm using a GTX550 with the latest non-beta drivers.

I'm thinking of trying Firefox again, or maybe even Chrome, but I'd like to get some feedback regarding this behavior first. Thanks in advance.
 
how often do you reboot? I notice some weirdness in firefox after being up a week.
 
Maybe you should check your addins, i know if i leave adobe flash/adobe pdf reader up too long then it has issues.
 
I actually rarely reboot with Win8. I don't need to, as closing IE completely (all windows) seems to reset things. After awhile, though, the corruption starts again. This is a TREMENDOUS improvement over Win7, though, as IE could never reset itself under Win7, even after being completely closed. Now, at least some form of relief is only a few "x" clicks away.

However, I think Rami might be on to something regarding add-ons, as I don't recall this happening until after I installed Office 10 and Adobe CS 5.5. I might try de-installing those add-ons and see what happens.

evilsofa, I read that thread, and while the description is similar, my corruption begins far short of the 20 tabs mentioned by octoberasian. For me, it only takes around 6-8 windows. Plus, I don't do tabbed browsing, as ALT-TAB'ing between IE instances is far more convenient and intuitive.

Like octoberasian, though, I wish I could nail this bastard down, as it's really getting tiresome.
 
Back
Top