• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Idle temps still too high!

Mr.OppressoLiber

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
1,123
I just don't know what to do. I've reapplied AS5 with my XP-90 to my Winnie 3200+ (twice). My idle temps are still 44C.

My vid card idles at 43C for an X800XL. Other temps are fine, just that CPU is starting to annoy me. Does anyone have any suggestions.
 
They have to both be perfectly flat to make a good connection.


take a straight edged object and place it on the bottom of the heatsink and hold it to the light. If you can see light under it then it probably isnt flat. Same goes for the heatspreader.
 
make sure the clips on the xp90 are fully "clipped" into the retainer. I've noticed that sometimes they dont go in all the way even when they sound like it.


How much as5 are you using and how are you applying it? And what size fan? Room temp? Case temp? Airflow in the case? Vcore?
 
92mm Delta (2000+ rpm)
Room temp is kept around 70F
Case temp is at 26C
4(5 - 6 total) Fans two pulling in, 2 pushing out.
Applied the size of a BB to the center of the heat spreader and placed the 90 on top.
Vcore is 1.4V
 
giving the heatsink a little bit of a side to side twist helps sometimes also once it is seated.
 
Ok, i'll give it a few twists, I did that originally when I put on the compound fresh, but now that it has had time to burn in a little i'll do it again.

I also need some high rpm 80mm fans to hook up to my fan controller, that should help with the ambient. Any suggestions?
 
I'd suggest anything bigger than 80mm if possible, more air, less noise. Panflow has always been good to me.


And the fan to the heatsink REALLY needs to be blowing down at it.
 
Well I have a CM Praetorian. So unless you know where to get a 80mm to 92mm conversion I'm stuck with 80 mm. I'll switch the fan to be blowing down
 
arcanetripwire said:
Well I have a CM Praetorian. So unless you know where to get a 80mm to 92mm conversion I'm stuck with 80 mm. I'll switch the fan to be blowing down

id do the same.
 
Back
Top