Idle temp increase of 5C with no changes to settings

deadlift1

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, not a wc noob here. Been at it for 5 years now. I also understand that idle temps mean nothing but this is bugging me. I built a new rig a few months ago (see sig). Idle temps were always 4-9C above ambient. Now, with no changes to any settings they are 10-15C above ambient. The ambient temp in my room is up about 4C over the past month so I would expect a 4C increase in temps but I would expect the delta between ambient and core temps to stay constant. What am I missing here? Possible culprits? :confused::confused::confused:

Dust in rads, corrosion in blocks, plasticiser or algae in coolant, pump wear and tear? Could be anything...

How old is it? What sort of coolant? Which additives? When last cleaned? See anything in res?

Rads, block and tubing are all new. Build was completed 2 months ago. Everything was rinsed with distilled. Coolant is straight distilled, no dyes and a few drops of biocide. Water is completely clear in the res.

Could be the TIM hardening. Try applying new paste and see if your idle temps drop.

Your ambient air temp in your room hasn't gone up lately, has it?

Your ambient air temp in your room hasn't gone up lately, has it?

It has and I would expect my temps to increase a Similar amount.

The delta between ambient and core temp is what has increased though. It used to be 4-9c above ambient across all cores. Now it is 10-15c.

Back