Idle Session Timeout Policy

nitrobass24

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009
At work we have a 20min idle session timeout group policy on our laptops, so if you leave for a while your computer will automatically lock. Well I work from home and this is really annoying especially during webinars.

So thursday i have a 4hour training session on gotowebinar, but it doesnt require any interaction, but i cant leave for more than 20 min or ill get kicked off.

Is there a program or some mouse setting that will make my mouse move or hit a key every few minutes so i dont get locked out?

Could i write a vb script that would open and close the start menu repeatedly?

Last edited:
I'm sure there's some freebie macro program out there you could use to do a mouse click every so many minutes.

if by violating corp policy, you mean attending the required training sessions.

Its not like im asking how to decrypt the SAM file, gimme a break.

Meaning your asking now to circumvent a security policy setting

Have you tried explaining your situation to your IS department? They can easily move your computer to another OU and create a GPO with to override the setting with a new value. It's all of 5 minutes of actual work.

In fact, they most likely already have it done and just need to configure your account. Most places I've seen have this becuase some department doesn't like their screen to lock...

Maybe if I was an executive they might do that, but not for us regular people.

The IS people here are a bunch of asshats. They wouldnt install CDburnerXP, or imgburn on my system because it would let me burn .ISO's. WTF?

Back