Idiots Busted By YouTube or Coolest Parents Ever?

HardOCP News

[H] News
While it isn't a good idea to let nine year old kids drive...it was his birthday and the car was a Ferrari. Here's what the mom had to say after father was arrested.

Oh, film something that is illegal and post it for the world to see? What could possibly go wrong? Parents have more money than sense, I wish my parents were like that.

Private road, people and governments need to mind their own business.

shit, I was driving when I was 9

ancient pickup truck, but still

I drove my parents cars at that age and younger, long before I could touch the pedals even (sitting on my dads lap), on private and public roads, so to me, this is normal. I see it as no different than parents who buy very young kids motorcycles or shifter karts, which in many cases are far more dangerous than a car.

I agree this is a non-issue on a private road. Illegal or not. I did this with my father when I was young on private roads, on our farm, etc. Best way to learn to drive. At that age nothing like rocking a Ferra.... well, suffice to say it wasn't a Ferrari I was driving :p

Now -- I do understand the controversy and I gotta be honest, posting it on YouTube was the worst possible idea. I don't get this generation, why always the "LOOK AT ME!!! GIVE ATTENTION!!!" ?? The idea of it seems more important to them than whatever it is that they are doing.

I drove my parents cars at that age and younger, long before I could touch the pedals even (sitting on my dads lap), on private and public roads, so to me, this is normal. I see it as no different than parents who buy very young kids motorcycles or shifter karts, which in many cases are far more dangerous than a car.

Yup, same. And I truly believe that because of it I am a better driver, and probably the best in my whole family.

Not only that, but I drove tractors clearing/mowing fields that were far more dangerous at that age as well. From a potential risk point of view. Not saying driving a Ferrari at 9 years of age is dangerous, even at nearly double that age it can still be dangerous. Therefore, age isn't a big a factor as one might think. :rolleyes:

Well, it was in India and they charged him with child endangerment so I don't think the private road matters ... best rule of thumb is don't post stupid or illegal things on Youtube or Facebook ... you never know when they will come back to haunt you :cool:

Love how she says "it's a once in a lifetime opportunity..." was it their ferrari? their private road? And I love how she justifies it by saying other kids drive different cars and the ONLY reason this is getting so much attention is because it was a Ferrari....

Love how she says "it's a once in a lifetime opportunity..." was it their ferrari? their private road? And I love how she justifies it by saying other kids drive different cars and the ONLY reason this is getting so much attention is because it was a Ferrari....

Don't know about you, but I've only been 9 once and I never got to drive a Ferrari.

I'd concur, that the only reason is not only because it's a Ferrari, but because bitches be jealous. If it was a 9 year old kid driving a farm tractor, clearing fields I doubt anyone would care. :rolleyes:

Yup, same. And I truly believe that because of it I am a better driver, and probably the best in my whole family.

Agreed, I was still a preteen and noticed I was a better driver than most, my dad was sure to teach me the right way of doing things as well as seeing how I handled the car before he would let me move on, but at the same time, had allot of trust in me. To this day I am the only one in my family not to have a wreck of any type. I see it as any other skill, because today driving is a must have skill for us, and because of that and how much time we spend doing it, I think teaching it as soon as you can is a good idea, it is like anything else we learn young, it becomes a reflex.

Not only that, but I drove tractors clearing/mowing fields that were far more dangerous at that age as well. From a potential risk point of view. Not saying driving a Ferrari at 9 years of age is dangerous, even at nearly double that age it can still be dangerous. Therefore, age isn't a big a factor as one might think. :rolleyes:

Indeed, I drove ATV's, lots of riding lawnmowers and a few smaller tractors, all of which taught me things about driving. The most dangerous probably being a custom built mini sand rail, which was more like a really big shifter kart as it had been set up for the street and ran a motor out of a blackbird, 100MPH in first gear was not a problem.

I wouldn't let my 9 year kid drive a full-sized anything. Gokart or 4-wheeler, yes. With proper attire to go along with it.

Apparently it's not a "Once in a lifetime" for the kid's parents. Because they own several "super cars" (Land Rovers are now super cars?), including a Bently. I'm not jealous of their money.

I question the parents lack of judgement. What would happen if it was driven too fast even for a moment and he had crashed? Even experienced track day drivers know that wearing gear is important. These are people that know the limits of the car and have experience with the car that they can assume how it will react.

Private Road:
Just because you have a private road, that doesn't make you immune to driving laws. You'll need to get approval for creating a private road in the first place and then laws need to be abided with them. Whether that's the reason for the arrest, I don't know.

I could definitely see something with endangering 2 minor's lives.

Heck at age 9 I had already driven boats, cars, trucks etc. Had me a 80cc Suzuki rm motocross motorcycle. Most people now days are just pathetic losers and scared of everything. Was not that many years ago was common for people to get married around age 13 and working full time jobs in America.

Heck at age 9 I had already driven boats, cars, trucks etc. Had me a 80cc Suzuki rm motocross motorcycle. Most people now days are just pathetic losers and scared of everything. Was not that many years ago was common for people to get married around age 13 and working full time jobs in America.

glad to see that im not alone, scooter when I was 9, had to run errands . :D

By the time I was 9 I had already driven pretty much every supercar.

Need for speed counts doesn't it? :D:D

Why is this an issue if he was driving on a private road? It's not like they let their kid loose on a public street or highway. Damn nanny state people.

I drove tractors carrying loads on my own down public highways when I was 8 with my dad behind me in a pickup truck. It was a stick shift and I had to stand up on the clutch to get the gears. I don't see anything wrong with this. I owned my first car when I was 7 or 8. I drove that to my GF's house when I was in 8th grade. I agree the nanny state shit has to go.

Coolest parents ever, I learned how to drive a shitty panel van at 10 (even driven alone on private roads/property). So I'm sure that kid is competent enough.

People wouldn't be up in arms if it was a 9 year old working a piece of farming equipment. Fuck them.

I had not really driven, but steered from the passenger's seat a few cars by the time I was 9... parent needs to grab something or wahetevr.. her, you steer for a minute.

Also had a dirt bike that way way too big for me at the time, still have it at my parents' house 25 years later.

Also drove a mini-bike with a modded Tecumseh engine. That thing would just about rip your shoulder out of it's socket if it kicked back when you pulled the rope to start it.

People today are scaredy pants and the world would actually be a better place if younger kids were actually tought how to do things like this instead of having to wait until they are ~16 before they learn how to drive.

Coolest parents ever, I learned how to drive a shitty panel van at 10 (even driven alone on private roads/property). So I'm sure that kid is competent enough.

People wouldn't be up in arms if it was a 9 year old working a piece of farming equipment. Fuck them.

Yeah, people just need to mind their own business. Almost everyone I grew up with could drive by the time they were 10. Cars, trucks, dirt bikes, ATVs, tractors. The Driver's Ed instructor at school pretty much assumed everyone could already drive by the time they got to his class.

I'm not saying kids should be driving on the highway but every parent should have their kids out driving around an empty field by the time their feet can reach the pedals.

I'm not sold on the 'private road' being bandied about. Is he the sole owner of all those apartments/condos?? AND, maybe the laws in India aren't what you think :p

As others have stated, growing up working on a farm taught me responsibility from an early age. From plowing fields to hauling hay/cattle, I learned to put in a hard days work as soon as my father could rip me out of my mothers arms. No wonder so many of the younger generation are unprepared for society, government/parents want to baby them till they are in their 30's. Too many seem to be ingrained with the entitlement mentality due to coddling.

Posting a video for all the quacks to dissect equates to pure stupidity.

Next on the hit list: That asshole father who drives his kid to school (Who wants cake) in his Porsche if I remember correctly and is doing near 160MPH on public traffic packed roads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQCFgJalNo4

AW, LOOK HOW HAPPY THEY ARE, THEY CAN DIE IN THAT TIN CAN AS FATHER AND SON

AWWWWWWWWWW

We will be known as the Wussie Generation.

Kids drive farm equipment all over the world, as soon as they reach the pedals.

I think it should be considered child endangerment to not let your kids ride motorcycles and drive cars at an early age in a controlled environment. Driving a car in traffic, on a public road is probably the single most dangerous task most people will undertake in their life, yet people make little to no effort develop an ingrained sense of vehicle dynamics which will be far more effective at saving your life than an airbag.

This infuriates me to no end... Stupid, spoiled rich ***** thinking because they have money laws don't apply to them. Both parents should've been arrested, car impounded with "accidental" damage from the towing and the child taken away and given to a real family to raise the boy properly until the real "parents" took a class on how to do their job.

Think that's too harsh? Tough love works the best. Weak parents that want to be their child's best friend is what creates most of the worlds problems today. Makes most of these kids spoiled rotten expecting things to be given to them right away whenever they want something as is evidenced by the mother saying "Well he's been wanting to drive for so long" well make him wait til hes 16 like EVERYONE else, f****** ******!

Ok, I got it all out of my system, now I'm good! XD

1. Private Road (this is the big thing)
2. The parents used their judgement in how they will raise their child. Mind your own business already. The kid didn't cause any accidents and was clearly careful, and he had supervision, so whether or not you agree with the parents' decision, they at least correctly judged their child's ability and maturity. In any case it's not your child so it's not your decision.

go outside the main cities in KSA and you'll see kids driving everywhere http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_e7WGGBB8
I guess the main reason is that women aren't allowed to drive by law (and culture) so the son drives his mother

1. Private Road (this is the big thing)
2. The parents used their judgement in how they will raise their child. Mind your own business already. The kid didn't cause any accidents and was clearly careful, and he had supervision, so whether or not you agree with the parents' decision, they at least correctly judged their child's ability and maturity. In any case it's not your child so it's not your decision.

my mother learned me how to drive and used to let me drive inside the neighborhood when I was 14, but at 16 I used to take the car after midnight while everyone is sleeping and I remember reaching 100mph a couple of times. my father never knew what my mom and me used to do and if he did he would’ve killed us both hehe, now after 15 years I know who was the good parent.

A couple things I forgot to mention in my last post.

I was allowed to move the car around the driveway when I was around 12-13. Usually when we were going to put a different car in the car-port to work on it.

Working on cars at an early age brings me to another point.

It is really sickening that almost nobody knows how to work on their own cars. Even changing their oil is a huge mystery let alone rotating tires, changing brakes, etc. Those simple tasks should be tought early and often.

I was helping do major engine and other vehicle repairs long before I could drive. I even rebuilt my motorcycle engine by myself a few years before I was leagally allowed to drive.

And the first car I owned, I traded an old computer for... I had to rebuild the engine as well as do some other repairs before it was driveable.

The lack of mechanical ability today is just sickening.

And people wonder why they get fleeced by "repair shops".

/RANT

People live in houses and have cars in India? how strange, I thought they all lived in the gutter and got pulled along by cows.

Its true, you learn something new everyday.

Don't know about you, but I've only been 9 once and I never got to drive a Ferrari.

I'd concur, that the only reason is not only because it's a Ferrari, but because bitches be jealous. If it was a 9 year old kid driving a farm tractor, clearing fields I doubt anyone would care. :rolleyes:

If it was a 9 year old driving a farm tractor clearing fields then the news would applaud the kid for having the skill and courage to do a chore like that. It's amazing how almost the exact same thing, child endangerment, is viewed completely differently based on the parent's economic background. You're rich, you let a child drive something big and dangerous on a PRIVATE road, you're going to jail. You're working class and let a kid drive a tractor, that is much bigger and heavier on a PRIVATE farm, let's give your kid a fucking medal.

I find it VERY ironic to watch a news video from India about someone driving being unsafe.

I've heard so many insane things about driving in India that a 9 year old should be BFD. Whole family on a motorcycle? No problem. Cars driving both ways on the same side of the road on the highway, at night, with no lights on? Normal.

I didn't know that forced prostitution, abject poverty, hunger, lack of decent housing and other problems affecting half a billion people in India are all tackled on and solved.

Next news-ground breaking news of excessive partying and slaying of scared cows in the palace at 11pm

Back