IDF Countdown

Ultima99

Supreme [H]ardness
Its that time again!

Intel IDF in San Fran is September 10-12th.

Who's ready for some Haswell Refresh info? :rolleyes:

And don't forget the BGA only Broadwell! :p

Because nobody here is going to care about Haswell-E or Skylake, right? ;)

Are we expecting anything good this year? I mean we know Broadwell is said to be a dud until 2015 for desktops and would be mediocre like Haswell was to Ivy Bridge when it does come. I'm not going to ride the hype train again, especially with the last Sandy Bridge style "refresh" that was models clocking 100Mhz higher than previously existing parts.

Right now I'm more interesting to see what AMD is doing in the future because its been pretty boring on the Intel side of things, IVB-E including.

This IDF is full of software related topics, and probably won't be of much interest to those looking for big hardware announcements*. If anyone is interested in the schedule... http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...cisco/2013/idf-2013-san-francisco-agenda.html

* however, the keynote topics will probably make many enthusiasts :rage:. lol There should be tons of hardware products on display though, which is always kind of interesting, if not huge news.

So Broadwell being a BGA fab is actually true? Da fuck Intel?
Broadwell is not being announced at IDF afaict. Months old rumors, and several Intel statements, are that the Broadwell-D processor is socket compatible with Haswell LGA1150. There are also PGA socket Broadwell-M processors. I can't believe that retarded rumor is still around and taken as fact by some people. It never made sense to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together. :p

* however, the keynote topics will probably make many enthusiasts :rage:. lol There should be tons of hardware products on display though, which is always kind of interesting, if not huge news.

Mobilizing Intel
Innovate at the Speed of Mobility
“Seven billion futures, and you’re one of them”

At least Genevieve Bell is semiphotogenic.

I don't use cell phone thus I wonder what's about.

Broadwell is not being announced at IDF afaict. Months old rumors, and several Intel statements, are that the Broadwell-D processor is socket compatible with Haswell LGA1150. There are also PGA socket Broadwell-M processors. I can't believe that retarded rumor is still around and taken as fact by some people. It never made sense to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together. :p

This is Intel we're talking about so why not.

In the face of reality, idiotic fantasy is more appealing? It shouldn't be so hard to get over a dumb, inaccurate rumor. lol

Will this be the first time ever i come with new exclusive info about something upcoming?
Well here goes: Asus will show Rampage V

Will this be the first time ever i come with new exclusive info about something upcoming?
Well here goes: Asus will show Rampage V

can't tell if yer serious blackbird :) .. hope you're right about an x79 RVE refresh announcement!

And I want to see X79 PRO. If Asus would release only high end boards, things would be troublesome.

thx blackbird, yep, moderators 'in the know' over at the rog rampage forum mentioned pretty much the same kinda thing (it's all they can disclose at the moment) - I just hope not only the ROG x79 gene/formula versions are getting a refresh..

Lol, I'm curious to see what the trends at Intel are.

Fabs cost tons of money and I think their future is challenging.

thx blackbird, yep, moderators 'in the know' over at the rog rampage forum mentioned pretty much the same kinda thing (it's all they can disclose at the moment) - I just hope not only the ROG x79 gene/formula versions are getting a refresh..
http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/52...r-x79-deluxe-intel-ivy-bridge-e/#post13863859
He says it's a E-ATX mobo. And that the name will still be IV because it's still the old X79 chipset. But they have updated alot of stuff. He's sure especially one of the changes will be appreciated as it's the number one request they get for ROG mobos.

Can you ask about X79 PRO? Cheap MB with heatpipes and 8 slots for RAM is more interesting than DELUXE version, or ROG refresh.

interesting, well, the RIVE is the only extended ATX form factor in the x79 series.
"number one request they get for ROG mobos" lol.. hmm. my guess is they updated the audio from the Realtek ALC898 to the new ROG SupremeFX which some people seem to be having issues with on the new Z87 MVI Formula, maybe they added ROG armor or revised the OC Key or made a dark black edition or added motherboard air/water cooled heatsinks.

Can't imagine them messing around adding more ASMedia sata ports or PLX PCIe lanes which would just add unwanted latency to a rampage OC board.
Anyway, I need a new powerful/fun x79 MB w/Ivy Bridge-E be it a refreshed ROG RIVE or EVGA Dark/MSI/Gigabyte,
the asus intel series is getting a refresh for Ivy Bridge-E also, they have great features but I can't tolerate the gold bling whatever theme.

Wish Intel did more with LGA 2011 Ivy Bridge-E than what seems like just a 22nm die shrink, less TDP watts/1866 ram/alittile more clock rate; xeons aside,
would've been great if they unlocked more than 6 cores for more pc workstation power, even the Mac Pro got dual xeons for 12 cores right?
- more native sata ports would be nice but that gets into chipset changes..

Last edited:
Anyone in the know have an idea what time Ivy Bridge-E processors will go on sale at places like Newegg? Around midnight PST tonight or what?

Checked with TigerDirect and they've received stock on Friday but they haven't been queue'd into the system yet.

Last edited:
Anyone in the know have an idea what time Ivy Bridge-E processors will go on sale at places like Newegg? Around midnight PST tonight or what?
I can buy them now, but there is no sign of any new Asus mainboards. I guess Newegg would add them into the stock tonight.

So far its been about fanless Haswell, Broadwell laptops, die shrinks, smartphones. In other words, mobile, mobile, and mobile.

Woot...

So far its been about fanless Haswell, Broadwell laptops, die shrinks, smartphones. In other words, mobile, mobile, and mobile.

Woot...

Coming up next we're going to talk about our iGPU which now encompasses 3/4th of the die space leaving graphical capabilities of CPU's on par with discrete graphics cards.

Back