• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

IDEQ200N vs Shuttle SN45GV2

Zypher

n00b
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
5
Hi all,

I am really interested in getting into SFF and am thinking of IDEQ200N and the Shuttle SN45GV2.

I will be using the following for the SFF:-

CPU = Athlon XP TBred 1800 o/c to 2.2GHz on Abit NF7-S
Graphic Card = MSI Ti4200 128MB RAM
RAM = 2x256MB Kingston ValueRAM

I would appreciate all your input on which is preferable.

Thanks for reading and dropping by.
 
from reading a lot of sff forums, i havent seen any "monster" OCes from the ideq,

the shuttle on the other hand, 2.5ghz easily with the right mobile,

i could do it, but only when im bored
 
paulmofyourhand said:
the shuttle on the other hand, 2.5ghz easily with the right mobile,

Indeed it is possible. I'm doing it right now on a 2500+ Mobile.

Great combo
 
The absolute only reason to go with an Ideq is if you need onboard SATA. Otherwise, Shuttle surpasses them in just about every other aspect.
 
Hi all,

Thanks for your input. I actually do have 2 SATA drives and a PATA drive. Need to figure out a way to mount 3 drives!!!

I am still unsure but anyhow, here's my likes for :-

Shuttle SN45GV2:-
(1) better overclockability (AGP/PCI lock!!!)
(2) casing looks better than any other SFF out there (from manufacturers' point of view)
(3) Silent PSU @ 250W

IDEQ200N:-
(1) better cable management = better airflow
(2) SATA support
(3) Slightly Cheaper than the Shuttle SN45G (especially when I consider that the IDEQ comes with onboard GE4 MX 440 for backup)
(4) PSU at the top of casing and PSU fan is sucking out (unlike Shuttle-PSU fan blows onto the CPU area thereby increasing temp)
(5) Adjustable VDIMM (unlike the Shuttle SN45GV2 which may roast the mobo!!)

Based on the above, I am leaning towards the IDEQ200N as I probably won't be using the onboard Graphic as I have a MSI Ti 4200 128MB. I might get a Mobile Barton 2600 in the next 6 months if I came across a good 2nd hand unit for sale. I definitely will overclock but moderately only.

Does anyone here have any other things to add? Thanks in advance.
 
I have the Shuttle and I can get 2500MHz on a XP-M 2600+ So i can vouch for the OCing =)
 
ZEPHER:
1) get the 120mm conversion fan, i did and works great

2) that's why there is an empty PCI slot for ur SATA or raid card, (im using the Sata raid promise TX4)

3) you mean to tell me you don't have a spare agp card laying around !?!?

4)you are confusing the sn45gv2 for the sn85g4v2 models that has the PSU that blows in , the SN45Gv2 has the regular 250w silent X that blows outwards

5) meh, got me on that one, but 200fsb @ 2/3/2/11 , im not complaining too much
 
Thanks for your input paulmofyourhand,

I reckon I'd go with the IDEQ200N now as it has the two SATA connectors already and I need not spend any extra for a SATA card.

Anyway, I just got back from my local computer shop and the guy I usually deal with have said that the present IDEQ batch does not have major issues as the previous batches of IDEQ200Ns and that's probably going to sway me to IDEQ200N rather than the SN45GV2. It's also slightly cheaper and I'd have the onboard GeF4 to back me up too.

At least I know my bro owns a nifty little SN45GV1!!! Maybe when he upgrades, I'll persuade him to let me have it!!

Thanks again all.
 
Biostar has a nice SFF, but one of the plusses of the SN45G is the proven reliability and stability.
 
Thanks all for your input.

Due to financial linitations, I need to stick to IDEQ200N eventhough I prefer the class and overclockability of the SN45G2.

Cheers.
 
Back
Top