• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Identify Soundcard

melomania

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
266
Ok well, about 2 years ago my friend sold me a SoundBlaster Live! soundcard, now I cant remember if it is 5.1 or not. I think it is SB Live! 5.1 But I want to be sure, is there a way to find out exactly?
 
Ok, I decided to get a new sound card tommorow night. I don't want to spend much more than $30.

Here is my debate. I can get the Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Card PCI for $30 most everywhere.

Or, I can get the Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit PCI Card for $30.

What should I get? The 24-Bit?
 
Is there a noticeable difference between the 24-Bit and the Audigy 2?

What are the significant differences?
 
Back
Top