• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ideas for a media center PC GPU

rudy

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
8,703
I only have 1 slot of space on this media center I have the slot below it is a PCI 1 or 2 x or something and it is a mATX board so that is the only such slot which the tuner card comes in. I wanted to get a 5850 but I cannot find one that will fit in a single slot space. So I am looking for some ideas. I would like sound through HDMI if possible and I find ATIs drivers to suck most of the time so I would lean toward nVidia if all else is equal. The tough part is games will be played on it. So I would like the best I can get to fit in that space with that power envelope.

This machine has a 400 watt PSU and athlon x2 5000+ CPU it is a gateway.
 
well its really going to depend on if you want HDMI audio or not.. if you want HDMI audio then your only choices are the ATI 3k or higher series cards or nvidia's pos 40nm 2x0 series cards.. though they will work fine in an HTPC..
 
Back
Top