• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Idea to get new members??

Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
532
I came across this thread and had and idea.

I know you guys are trying to get new folders, I am one of the new ones. What if we did t-shirts. Not as a reward for folding, but something we can purchase to try to get the word out about F@H. Up untill I discovered [H]ardOCP I had no idea what F@H was or that it even existed. Right now the only real way to find out about F@H is to stumble across it by accident; unless you already know what it is, Or know someone that already knows about the DC project.

Why not put some advertising on a different media. Get t-shirts, business cards, sweatshirts, bumper stickers etc and sell them at a reasonable cost to fellow folders here. I would personally buy a couple of t-shirts and business cards to help with the cause. We need to get the word out to more people then just the small community that visit this site.

Who knows how well it would work, but I would proudly wear a T-shirt in hopes to get just 1 more persoan to not only join the [H]orde, but to get 1 more person folding. Anyone have any comments, suggestions, or flames :D for this idea??

I can not personally make any of these because i have no access to any of the nessessary equipment. But is there anyone out there that does and would be willing to take on a project like this?? If so what is the intrest lvl on doing something like this?? If it is something that many people like we should vote on colors, designs etc and get them made.

*shrug* just my hair brained idea for friday
 
Well, for starters, we are getting front page pimpage now. So hopefully that will get new folders.
 
I'd be happy with a few iron on team logo's. Maybe a couple of bumper stickers. Give me a reasonable price, and I'd be happy to buy a few. It's not a hairbrained idea. I am typically asked at least 5 different computer related questions a day, and I try to throw a plug in for the team in every instance. We have a very cool team logo, and I'd love to have to explain to my co-workers what it means.


 
This is a good point. We may be the [H]ardOCP team, but would it be wrong to reach out to the non OCP crowd. I'm sure plenty of people would love to join the [H]orde!

 
if anyone is good at photoshop, we can come up with something for a t-shirt. I am assuming we will use black cloth, otherwise it is not quite a [H]orde t-shirt. :D
 
magnusvir said:
if anyone is good at photoshop, we can come up with something for a t-shirt. I am assuming we will use black cloth, otherwise it is not quite a [H]orde t-shirt. :D
They don't offer black, but CafePress.com has quite a variety of items and it's all done "on demand". You set up a "shop", supply the artwork, they handle the fulfillment end (printing, shipping, payment processing) one item at a time. That way no one has to hassle with it and you can offer various styles/sizes. They even have stuff for ladies and kids. :)
 
This is a great Idea. I would get Kyle's permission first before you do anything with [H]
stickers and casebadges sound like a great Idea.


 
Once upon a time, long, long ago there was a [H]orde shirt that was specifically made for team members..

Front

horde_shirtf.jpg


Back

horde_shirtb.jpg



Somewhere in the archives should be pictures of a bunch of members wearing their [H]orde shirt at a meet, think they were taken by relic.

King_N
Webmaster www.hardfolding.com
Lurker Extraordinaire
 
I can see if Kyle is willing to let us use the [H] and the HardOCP name on the shirts and then set this thing up. Also if anyone has any photoshop pics they would like to see for options link them and lets get a collection of them going.
 
I think it would be too much to have 33 in there, [H] would be enough..
if you get people interested in it, then you can set em up with 33 ;)
 
I think having the 33 on there is a good idea.

It might help us pick up some team members who don't want to ask, but go to the F@H site to check it out. They'll remember the 33 and might just join up.

At least, that's what I'd do ...

 
Adding 33 to the shirt wouldn't be fair to the United Devices part of the team, it would suggest that F@H is the only project our team participates in..

King_N
Webmaster www.hardfolding.com
Lurker Extraordinaire
 
I could donate graphics work. If someone needs a logo or somethin, ya know? If they can contribute like 1000 or 2000 points to the cause on a fresh username for team 33, I could take that as payment for graphic work.
 
Back
Top