Idea for backing up games.

d3fc0n5

Limp Gawd
While i was siting here reading a few threads i got to thinking why are we still not able to back up our games discs.
I mean do the companys not realize that crap happens. and discs get scratched or broken by mistake.

anyways here is my idea.
1.each game gets shipped with a individual "cd key"
2.User must register that "cd key" w/ S/N of the system its to be used on(If they are to make a backup)
3.Make the copy of the disc.
4.On first play(Only the first) of the backed up disc. enter verification of the original cd-key and send the info to X-company to verify the S/N of the system and cd key match.
5. On each launch of backed up game after the first. a "check" sent to company to verify its the right system.

(Possible problem)
What if your console dies? Well under warranty it wouldn't be a big deal have the MFG change over the "cd-keys" to the new systems S/N

No internet access. Grant a 48/72hr lease of game play till you can get access to the net.
and if you don't have access to the web at all well more then likely you wont have the means to make a backup disc (ie. DL dvd burner)

If this process sounds familiar it is. Its the same basis of Windows verification. but you have to admit it works well. As long as your not forced to manually verify each time.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Far, far too complicated for such a minor problem. Either take better care of your discs or shell out another $50.

Back