IDE Hardware not recognized in Windows

jbweldon04

n00b
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
63
Basically my IDE devices aren't recognized in windows anymore. I uninstalled something casually, and I don't remember what it was. I assume now that it was important for the everyday functioning of my IDE devices. CMOS recognizes the two drives (one my cdrom drive, the other a HD). But when I get to windows they aren't recognized and some prompt tells me that windows is trying to install the hardware. It says "The software you are installing for this hardware: Gigabyte GBB36X controller has not passed Windows Logo testing...." I have the option to continue anyway and it then takes me to the files needed area, but I don't know where the file, jriad.sys on JMicron Driver Diskette is. I don't remember even downloading this stuff. I am assuming
My hardware info is in my sig. Please help me, I need my cdrom and harddrive back.
 
Windows cant find a copy of them? You should have a copy in your windir/system32/drivers folder. If not, go download the drivers off of the Gigabyte website and reinstall them. You most likely removed your HDD Controller drivers, so reinstall them.
 
Back
Top