IDE for programming with C or C++ in Linux

Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
25
I'm confused about IDEs for programming in Linux. Can anyone tell me which one is the best ? Thnx in advance !
 
Check out Anjuta... It certainly lacks a few things you'll br familiar with in windows, but it has everything you need...

Of course most linux guys swear by vi....
 
The most common solution is text editor + shell + gcc + gdb.
If you do GUI programming, it depends on the library you are programming for. What, specifically, are you planning to do?
 
IDE's are all great and all that, but I have been going back to just using VIM (or gVIM depending) and a terminal open

there isn't much extra an IDE gives that VIM cant do
 
kDevelop is my IDE of choice in Linux. I use KDE almost exclusively these days though, so it fits. In any case, it is really refined and quite popular.

An up and coming IDE I have been watching is Code::Blocks. A couple guys I know from a C++ project I was working on use and love it. I tried it out, and although it's not quite there yet, it is really quite nice. If I wasnt already tied into kDevelop and Visual Studio (in Windows) I would probably make an effort to switch to it.
 
Back
Top