IDE Drive users

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 12, 2002
Messages
5,737
anyone still using IDE? If you are, are you satisfied with it?

I know, I've tried them all and honestly, my WD250G HD is pretty darn fast.
 
I'm still on IDE, and I'm happy with it. If anything, I'll make a move to SCSI rather than SATA.
 
there is still nothing wrong with IDE (unless ur the paranoid no messy cables dude). if there is a hot deal on harddrives and its IDE, ill still jump on it.

plus my old rig is still pure IDE goodness
 
With my latest upgrade I'll be moving from a 100% PATA configuration (3 HDDs, one CD-ROM, one ZIP-drive) to a hybrid configuration (1 storage HDD replaced by SATA HDD). All of my storage drives will be SATA from now on, unless I can get some really cheap PATA drives.

Boot drives will remain PATA for me, as it's just easier to set up.
 
I no longer use PATA Drives. Not because they are slow, but just because I wanted to move to newer technology.

I am on my 2nd system of SATA only Hard Drives.

My Main reason for switching was the 10K RPM Raptor.
 
heh, that'd be a good reason for the raptor. I was just wondering how appealing this last generation storage is to some today. Like I said, I've tried them all, including the raptor wagon and I find that though my IDE setup may lack some, it's still plenty fast. And like it's been said, give me a deal on an IDE drive and Im all over it too!
 
Back
Top