IDE cables

MattWeb

Limp Gawd
I'm going to be picking up some new IDE cables this weekend and need some help. :D

Is there a good/better/best or are they all pretty much the same as far a quality goes?

Anything special to look for?

I dont need anthing with lights but then again that might be cool I guess. ;)

Get round cables. My friend bought some from MicroCenter for like $2 each, Memorex brand, I haven't heard of him having any trouble w/ it.

^_^ $20 :eek:

Any chance you could buy online instead? 'SVC.com' has a good selection of cables.

I've been using these* for years without any problems.

Thanks for all the help guys but i'd rather have it in hand this weekend, so i'll think i'll just run to Frys. :cool:

I'm not a big fan of rounded cables - it's a bitch to hide them. Flat origami style all the way.

1) Get $2 Cheapass IDE cables
2) Get utility knife
3) Get electrical tape
4) ???
5) profit!

Seriously, there are a bunch of tutorials on cutting up cheap IDE cables and rounding them.

Hatebreed said:
1) Get $2 Cheapass IDE cables
2) Get utility knife
3) Get electrical tape
4) ???
5) profit!

Seriously, there are a bunch of tutorials on cutting up cheap IDE cables and rounding them.

Last time I did that my CD-RW went ape-shit on me.

Codegen said:
Damn, the rounded cables here are like 20$ a pop

I got my clear red cables for 5$.

Edit,

Sorry forgot. Just buy "133" speed cables.

Round cables are ugly.

Flat ribbon cables can be hidden well, and that's what allows you to show off your computer

mohammedtaha said:
Round cables are ugly.

Flat ribbon cables can be hidden well, and that's what allows you to show off your computer

exactly. it is almost impossible to hide rounded cables, and they look like crap when they are just hanging out.

FiZ said:
I'm not a big fan of rounded cables - it's a bitch to hide them. Flat origami style all the way.

Thats exactly what I'm trying to get away from. I think they look horrible right now. :cool:

You don't necessarily HAVE to hide them. They can be slightly obvious.

I'll take a picture of my system later and show you how easy it is to hide ide ribbon cables.

schnell said:
exactly. it is almost impossible to hide rounded cables, and they look like crap when they are just hanging out.

That's why I got green UV ones, and and I use a green cold cathode, so I added a UV one, and it look pretty sweet right now, you can still see the cables, but it looks nice and industrial.

FiZ said:

Indeed. I went from flat to round, then back to flat. Love the flat.

Back