• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

IDE and sata mixing problems need fast help

goodgod

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 28, 2006
Messages
77
Hi,

I built a new computer for a friend.

Corsair xms 667 2gb // antec 430w// asrock conroe1333-667 mobo//WD sata hdd// samsung IDE DVD-RW

The problem is that the IDE dvd-rw isnt being detected at all. I did the installation with a spare sata dvd, and it worked, but now i cant use the ide dvd... which sucks.

I tried connecting the dvd with cable select, master, slave, no jumper, everything i can think of...

You guys have any idea?
 
Got another drive to test with? Another IDE cable? If you try 2, 3 cables and 2, 3 drives the IDE channel is dead and you need to RMA the board.
 
I tested the same ide dvd with my other computer, and it works good. So it isnt the dvd itself.

The ide drive is being detected in the bios, and nothing is disabled in the boot order or in the drive list.

I'll try using a different sata header, didnt think it could make a difference.

Do you guys usually use master or slave when using a ide dvd along with a sata hdd, or it doesnt matter?
 
Yes use the jumpers, even if you have sata drives. If the drive is the only thing on the ide channel set it to master.
 
Back
Top