• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ID3 Tag help needed!

Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
18
Need some help with tagging my mp3 files. Currently the music is divided into subdirectories based on artist and album(ie F:\Alice Cooper\Billion Dollar Babies). Are there any programs that can tag the .mp3 files based on the directory information?

Basically what happened was I accidently cleared the tags on the .mp3 files while moving them to my Zen Touch with Creative MediaSource. Luckily the directory info was still in tact.

Thanks
Chris
 
I don't think this does what you are looking for, but I use MP3TAG and you can tag all the tracks in an album with just selecting them and typing "ALICE COOPER" for the artist field or "BILLION DOLLAR BABIES" for the album field. The track namess will take a bit longer :)
Anyways, I reccomend MP3TAG.
 
Musicmatch lets you select files and then it downloads all the info for you, even the album art.
 
Hmm, I'm not sure because I have the purchased one. Check their website, its called super tagging.
 
sitheris said:
I recommend Musicbrainz
That's good if the MP3s don't contain the necessary information at all

In this situation, Tag & Rename would make quick work of the problem
 
Back
Top