ICS for touchpad

Here is a thread on that topic. There is one in Genmay, but I don't know if you have a sub there.

Anyway my experience thus far as has been great. I highly prefer ICS over WebOS and Gingerbread. Originally I was having issues with Gingerbread, so I was having to use WebOS till ICS finally came along. Best part is just having access to Google Play (aka the Android Market) and what seems to be better compatibility with web browsing. The Touchpad on a lot of sites I went to had rendering issues.

It's not bad, but at least with Alpha2 my battery life has gone down the shitter. Other than that, it's been stable and everything seems to be working, so if you're really not happy with WebOS feel free to switch.

It's not bad, but at least with Alpha2 my battery life has gone down the shitter. Other than that, it's been stable and everything seems to be working, so if you're really not happy with WebOS feel free to switch.

Same, in Alpha 1 my Touchpad could get 4-5 days on standby, on A2 barely 2 days. And that's with wifi off. What I do now is use SetCPU and downlock it to 300mhz when I am not using it. Seems the CPU is running at full speed all the time.

Same, in Alpha 1 my Touchpad could get 4-5 days on standby, on A2 barely 2 days. And that's with wifi off. What I do now is use SetCPU and downlock it to 300mhz when I am not using it. Seems the CPU is running at full speed all the time.

I've found the same thing. I think you are right. The CPU must not underclock at all now.

I hope they get this fixed.

I am using Alpha 1, which I believe is just missing some extra video support that is in Alpha 2. I don't have any complaints about the performance or battery life, it has been working great for me.

I'm using alpha 2 and it works fine for what I use it for except I can't get youtube videos to work at all and the camera doesn't work but that isn't a big deal.

Get it, love it. My battery is fine, runs just like it does on cm7 xcron. Yes you will get better battery life on the stock but if you do some of the tweaks for the performance, reset the battery stats if needed, and make sure you install from a freshly doctored o.s you'll be good to go. I recommend you run over to rootz wiki (the place to go for touchpad but not nook color) or xda-dev to do some reading. There are ways to make sure you don't do a dirty install. Removing the old version with acme-uninstaller may be enough but I also did a web-doctoring to restore stock. (this a tut, involves minor runtime code.)

I'm running alpha 3, and it's great. I wouldn't NOT run ICS, and a def wouldn't NOT have a dual boot set up. IMHO the stock o.s has like zero apps, and you can't sideload anything, ect, its pretty much worthless except for doing voice recording, video chat, and a few other odds and ends.

Touchpads a great device, send me a message if you have more questions.

I'm running alpha 3, and it's great. I wouldn't NOT run ICS, and a def wouldn't NOT have a dual boot set up. IMHO the stock o.s has like zero apps, and you can't sideload anything, ect, its pretty much worthless except for doing voice recording, video chat, and a few other odds and ends.

Touchpads a great device, send me a message if you have more questions.

Why not run ICS? I just got my touchpad and googled ICS and follow the first link to install ICS and Cyanogen. I would like to get the GPS and camera working...and my battery is horrible. 2 Days on standby and its dead.

Why not run ICS? I just got my touchpad and googled ICS and follow the first link to install ICS and Cyanogen. I would like to get the GPS and camera working...and my battery is horrible. 2 Days on standby and its dead.
I think hes saying that, at the very least, theres absolutely no reason you shouldn't dual boot with ICS

I'm running Alpha2. It's amazingly simple to install from scratch and the dual boot works like a charm. Market was on there from the start and everything I've tried works except for playing gogle movies (won't play on rooted device but will happily allow you to purchase them on a rooted device). A ran Antutu Benchmark and get around a 5,000. Strange since I see others on the leaderboard running cm9 on tp getting 6 or 7k. Can anyone else give it a go and report here?

I'm running Alpha2. It's amazingly simple to install from scratch and the dual boot works like a charm. Market was on there from the start and everything I've tried works except for playing gogle movies (won't play on rooted device but will happily allow you to purchase them on a rooted device). A ran Antutu Benchmark and get around a 5,000. Strange since I see others on the leaderboard running cm9 on tp getting 6 or 7k. Can anyone else give it a go and report here?

They have it overclocked if I had to guess.

Back