• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ICH5R Error occurred message in bootup screen

AARGH!

Gawd
Joined
Jun 13, 2003
Messages
766
I have an Asus P4P800E with two 300gig Maxtor drives, on the ICH5R controller setup as a RAID0. I am now in my second occurrence of during the bootup when it gets to the ICH5R "screen" I get an "error occurred" status message. First time this happened it was to both of the drives, and I rebuilt the array and recopied files, now I rebooted week later and see that it's happening to just one of the drives now.

I can't find any specifics on what "error occurred" is supposed to signify and how to proceed. I haven't had any problems with the drives, and as this is my file server so it is very rarely ever rebooted so no idea when the "error" happened either.

Not finding anything with google searches on this, so hoping this may have happened to someone on here.


Thanks

AARGH!
 
Back
Top