• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Icemat Black Siberia

Riddlinkidstoner

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
4,630
I got my Icemat's today in the mail from buy.com (20 mail in rebate+10 off google checkout made this a steal) and decided to pop them in and give em a run. At first I felt they were a little tight on the head but after I got used to the awkward position they fell comfortably onto my ears (which are very small). The sound quality is pretty much what I expected: Excellent but nothing that completely blew me away but I still have to break these in so I'll give it so more time. The microphone on the headset left much to be desired being that it clips onto your shirt but in terms of quality it worked as it should, clear and can be understood. There is a volume control box adjacent to the microphone which makes it a little easier to adjust the volume if your doing something that can't adjust the volume otherwise which is good I suppose but its position may be uncomfortable for some but it didn't bother me at all. The cord was incredibly long @ 9 feet which can be a hassle for some people but its not a bad thing for the overall experience.

For the price, these were definately worth it however at retail price I would highly advise against purchasing these headphones as, in my opinion, the Steelsound 5H's are much more worth it in the same price range (which can also be had at buy.com with a mail in rebate+google discount). These headphones just lack the "omph" that many headphones deliver at the same price range.

My only gripe now is that I wish I got them in white.


:D
 
Got my white Siberia on Monday from Buy.com for $10 AR too, definitely worth it for the price. They sound pretty clear, but they lack a lot in bass.
 
they really were lacking in bass in the beginning, but give them time. after a few months of good listening you will definitely notice a difference. i recently mvoed over to Sennheiser 595s and out of the box, my 11 month old siberias had more bass than the 595 did. The bass will get better, trust me. :)
 
I got mine a couple days ago. They are decent cans considering what I paid (I did the buy.com deal too). I'm using them out of my PPX3 atm. ;)
 
Back
Top