IC7-MAX3 voltage issue

Matt126

Gawd
I searched around a bit but I did not see a similiar problem. First, system specs:

IC7-MAX3
2.8C
One optical drive
One hard drive
3 80mm case fans
1 92mm tornado
430 watt trupower antec
radeon 9700

Heres the problem.. I'm trying to overclock it a bit and seem to be having some issues with low/fluctuating voltages.

The machine is fine at 3.3hz and 1.55vcore. I tried upping it to 3.4ghz and raising the voltage. I increased it, but then I noticed it was not gaining stability along the way. I then checked the realtime voltages and noticed that even though I had set the voltage to 1.65, it was only reading 1.55. I confirmed this through the bios, and mbm. I assume the stability problem is associated with the fact that the cpu is not getting the proper amount of voltage.

The other voltages don't seem too healthy either.
I have the vdimm set at 2.8, it only reads 2.7.
The +5 is 4.89, which isn't too bad.
The +12 is running at 11.67, doesn't that seem low?
The +3.3 is 3.2 which also seems low I think.

If anyone could give me some input it would be great, as this is my friends machine and I have limited time with it.

Thanks,
Matt

based on the specs, the power supply is most likely not overdrawn, so the mobo is the probable cause. try bumping the vcore up a step to 1.7 in bios, and see what happens. the p4p800's have the fluctuation problem you appear to be getting (or just plain undervolting, more likely - i think that is a slight issue with abit boards) on newer p4's, 1.75 is a perfectly safe vcore to use, so don't be shy. i haven't heard on SNDS on a p4c yet, and i've seen some high vcores.

good luck.

There was something on the Abit forums about fluxuating voltages and rma on the board. Mine doesn't have this problem but you might want to check over there. They can fix this.

Back