ic7-max or p4c800-e delux.

wanderer

n00b
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
35
gonna order a 3.2c and one of the above mobos' I have 1 gig of some bh5 ram which should i get?

only plan on overclocking to like 3.5 3.6
 
I would go with the p4c800-e it does not have the vdd undervolt issue and the volt mod is a cinch.
 
Another vote for the P4C800-E Deluxe. I had one myself and it was a fantastic motherboard.

I've heard a lot of complaints and issues with the IC7-Max (mostly memory compatability issues) so I went with the P4C800-E Deluxe and was not disappointed one bit.
 
You cant go wrong with either.

The IC7-MAX3 does have a voltage flucuation problem when it comes to settings above 2.8v.

However, removal of the MC64 cap fixes that and then you will get rock solid voltages up to 3.2v.

Trust me, removing the cap is VERY easy.

However, there is a VTT issue, the required half voltage is not provided and some memory will not overclock as well as it should. But, only when using 2.8v or more.

I personally have not found any problems though.

I can run my 2.4c @ 3.2 1:1 ram 267mhz 3/8/4/4 using my OCZ PC4000 Gold.

Or I can run my 2.4c @ 3.4 5:4 ram 227mhz 2.5/5/4/3 using the same ram.

So, the MAX3 has been solid for me.

But like I said, no way to go wrong with either.

Keep in ming the MAX3 is showing better Prescott overclocks then the ASUS boards... but not by much.
 
another vote for p4c800e, i love mine. and that vdimm mod for it was extremely easy, especially for a non-hardware mod type of person like myself. - that mod was the first i've ever done to hardware. :cool:
 
i'm staying waaaay away from the prescott till the new socket anyway,
ok i'm sold on the p4c ..........heading to the newegg. :D
 
I am using the IC7 Max3.

I didn't do the VDD mod (voltage fluctuation problem) but I did do the VTT mod.

I am using the OCZ PC4200 EL rams which I have heard can do DDR 550 at 2.9V, I am not too bothered about the VDD mod. I just wanted to get my Prescott up an running.

Currently running the Prescott 3.2Ghz at 3.9Ghz at default voltage for everyday use.

I can do about 4.31Ghz at 1.55V.
 
i am selling off my ic7g max because it has issues with vapochill's chill control.
 
Originally posted by AthlonXP
i am selling off my ic7g max because it has issues with vapochill's chill control.

And because it sucks right...lol?

I wanted to love the IC7, it was my first choice on the 875 boards but it was a real dog.
 
Back
Top