• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

IC7-G Overclock question

Hom@R

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
149
I am not sure where to post this, but here goes:

I have an IC7-G and 2.4C which I used to run at 3GHz, but since I installed my Serial ATA drive I can only run at 2.7GHz, WTF?? Anybody else had this? The only thing that I can guess it the SATA drive is drawing too much juice. I used to run the proc at stock voltage at 3GHz... Any ideas? BTW I have a Maxtor 80Gig SATA drive, started with bios version 17 and have tried everything up to 21 that I am running now. Everything else in the system is the same. :confused:
 
Yep. everything is set the same as it was before. I am running 5:4, AGP/PCI locked, ram timings, GAT settings etc.. I really have no idea.
 
Not a flame, but do you have some super-crappy PSU? The drive really shouldn't affect anything. I was guessing you somehow got back down to 1:1 instead of 5:4, but I guess I'm wrong.

It could be that the heatsink got dusty or some cabling got in the way of your airflow since you opened the case. Also a possibility: the heatsink might've become slightly dislodged and isn't making good contact anymore. What are/were your temps like (at 2.7 and 3Ghz)?
 
Back
Top