IC7-G CPU Temps

Stugots

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
7,301
I have a P4 2.4c running on a Abit IC7-G, my question is that when i overclock it to 3.2ghz, the cpu sensor says its hitting 62+C.....is this a correct measurement? i am using stock cooling and am leaving the side open.
 
are you using stock heatsink and whats your vcore, abit boards tend to overshoot temps by like 5-8c.
 
thats pretty hot, did you take off the crap from the bottom of the heatsink, i would do that and get some as3 or as5 and that should help alot then.
 
I am getting about 44-45C under load at 3.5 with my 2.8C M0 chip - with water (low 30's at idle), but it was over 50 with my Alpha PAL before I switched. temps via winbond hardware monitor.
 
I would probably say thats right with the stock cooling. My oc hits 53c sometimes and I have an alpha 8942 (pretty sure thats the #) and a 80mm fan but I have run it a@1.75 volts for 2 years. Sorry I always have to say that because of the myth that over 1.7 kills you cpu
 
Originally posted by smahoney
I am getting about 44-45C under load at 3.5 with my 2.8C M0 chip - with water (low 30's at idle), but it was over 50 with my Alpha PAL before I switched. temps via winbond hardware monitor.

i forgot to mention, my 2.4 is an m0 stepping.
 
Back
Top