IC7-G and Game Accelerator - BUSTED :-(

jhtevans

Limp Gawd
Hey guys and gals(?) -

I've had my IC7-G ever since they first hit the market. I've been using Corsair DDR in dual channel mode. My problem, however, is that I don't seem to be able to use the "Game Accelerator" settings in the BIOS. I have 4 sticks of Corsair TwinX PC3200LLPT ( 2 pairs of matched sets totaling a gig running @ 2-3-2-6). I know it's high quality memory, but when I set the Game Accelerator to anything but 'AUTO' I get a BIOS checksum error (with the latest few BIOS revisions) - [Before it would get to the windows loading screen and freeze] ..... this doesn't make sense -- the BIOS even says that 'most' RAM can at least handle "TURBO".... I'd think that my Corsair should be able to get the "F1"

Any suggestions?

Several possibilites:

1. You cant run any GAT when using a mem ratio. it only works w/ 1:1 (so if you are using a different memory ratio, change this and retry)

2. It may also be the way you have the memory banks filled. You can run 2 Double Sided DIMMS or 4 Single Sided DIMMS, but if you run 4 Double Sided DIMMS PAT is disabled. This might affect GAT as well.

==>Lazn

(this found with a little googleing, not personal experience)

Back