ibuypower.com

Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
4
Is ibuypower.com any good? I am hestiating to buy a gaming laptop from them. Anyone here a customer of ibuypower.com?
 
I've heard very bad things about them. I've heard that many of their laptops don't work when you get them, and that their customer service is a joke and it would be impossible to return it. I looked into them when I was looking for a laptop because I saw their ad in Computer Gaming World and I thought the specs on the machines at the prices they were selling them were too good to be true. I guess they were.
 
Oh boy this looks like a thread wothy of Gamespot. ;)

If you are going to go that route consider ABS. They about the same price range and have a much better rep. But honestly, you should just build your own. As long as you keep it simple it is pretty easy. Making pretty well that is another thing.
 
Yeah, I got an ABS instead. It's very good. It was a couple hundred dollars more than a comparable ibuypower, but I was willing to pay it for the better rep, because when something goes wrong with my laptop I probably won't be able to fix it myself.
 
I have an ABS, great comp, but i recommend buying parts off the net and having someone build it for you or you building it yourself because itll save you so much more money
 
Have a co-worker that bought a desktop PC from them a year or so ago. The PSU blew out very soon after he actually got the PC. He had to ship it back to them as they wouldn't just send him out a PSU to install. Second PSU died as well. Same deal...finally I believe that he bought an after market PSU to replace their shitty and super light PSU.

He still browses their web sight every now and again. :confused:
 
Well they didnt make the PSU. And my mobo died on my twice and the 2nd time i had to ship my comp back i demanded prepaid shipping and i got it :). Back then i had 2 different A7V600s blow out on me
 
No they didn't make the PSU...nor did they make any other of the cheap components that they use either. It was their choice to use shit components and their customer service rating will suffer for it.
 
Luthorcrow said:
Oh boy this looks like a thread wothy of Gamespot. ;)

If you are going to go that route consider ABS. They about the same price range and have a much better rep. But honestly, you should just build your own. As long as you keep it simple it is pretty easy. Making pretty well that is another thing.

Sorry to be off topic here, but what do you mean by "worthy of gamespot " ?
 
Wolf-R1 said:
No they didn't make the PSU...nor did they make any other of the cheap components that they use either. It was their choice to use shit components and their customer service rating will suffer for it.
Closer to it was the buyer's choice to tell them to use crappy componants instead of upgrading to something better.
 
i got 2 computers from them. first one i got in 2000 ran it for 4 years not one problem . then i got my dad one 2 years ago . works great. never had anything go wrong with any of the desktops. the laptops i have no clue how good they are.
 
I have 12 AMD64 - 6800GT rigs at my gaming center they built for me.

With the exception of 1 GT that went bad and was replaced we have had no problems. I plan on purchasing another 12 from them in a couple of months....

Brent
 
shaggymcp said:
Sorry to be off topic here, but what do you mean by "worthy of gamespot " ?
Oh, I was being an ass but this topic comes up regularly at those forums.
 
shadowbreaker513 said:
Closer to it was the buyer's choice to tell them to use crappy componants instead of upgrading to something better.

True, true...
 
I've heard nothing but bad things about ibuypower.com - if you're looking for a system integrator, check out www.thunderboxpc.com - they make top-of-the-line VoodooPC like systems at much, much lower prices. Tech support and friendliness can't be beat either.
 
Back
Top