iBracelet Concept

My guess is that they will sue him for using their logo without their permission.

keep it still while on your wrist.

so I know it's a futuristic concept but... I assume you'd wirelessly upload music onto it?

keep it still while on your wrist.

so I know it's a futuristic concept but... I assume you'd wirelessly upload music onto it?

Yea there seem to be some inherent flaws in the design there that they'll need to work out. But otherwise not to shabby.

What do you get when you cross an iPod with a bracelet and a that pump thing from one of Nike's shoes? This iBangle bracelet concept. If Apple doesn’t hire this guy and make this, someone else should.

Throw in the Nike shoes with wireless hotspot detector, and you'll have a WiFi enabled iPod iBracelet.

if it had a curved LCD screen so you could see what songs you are choosing, etc. etc. I would consider this.

Then of course the specially adapted version for the Prison systems with sony batteries...

Oi; I pressed "reply"....

Anyways; the above was in reply to this:

"First virus would be a music file that when played causes the device to auto inflate and strangle the person wearing it."

My guess is that they will sue him for using their logo without their permission.

That was my first thought as well.

My guess is that the technology isn't here yet to make something like this. would take some kind of new memory as well as other components. as far as I know the wireless ear-buds aren't here yet either.

My first thought was that Apple would just steal the design and claim it as their own like they have done with other stuff.

Or maybe smaller for the iCockring :D mmmmmmm multitouch :p

LOL, man that would be a bitch when you start to get a hard on, I hope it would know to change sizes..

The human wrist is not round...

That would be resolved some by the inflation of the inside.

That was my first thought as well.

My guess is that the technology isn't here yet to make something like this. would take some kind of new memory as well as other components. as far as I know the wireless ear-buds aren't here yet either.

They have watches that have built in mp3 players. spread the parts out around the band and it wouldn't be too bad. May not be as small as they show, but it shouldn't need to be that much larger. They also have blue tooth head sets for phones. Remove the speaker and you have yourself a wireless earbud. It is true that they don't sell them yet, but there is no reason whey they can't make them. They make wireless ear buds for security personal, that work with a walky talky, why not make them work with an mp3 player. So I really wouldn't see why the technology wouldn't be there for something like this to be made.

posted too fast.:(

That should have been cut themselves, not but themselves.

Would never use this. Real men don't wear jewelry...unless you're married and have a ring :(

For some reason this just reminds me of the Seiko watch from Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (yes, I know it's crap).

Battery technology is no where near what this would require. It's nice to draw up some fancy design but without the supporting technology all you have is something thats fit for a sci-fi show.

Yeah, but does it support BluRay? Pffft, didn't think so. Not buyin it!

iHouse Arrest Ankle Monitor?

"Dude, sorry, I'm on house arrest for that burglary last month."
"Naw, that's cool. I can wait. At least your ankle bracelet plays sweet tunes."

Would never use this. Real men don't wear jewelry...unless you're married and have a ring :(

Or you could just say you're a rapper. Works everytime, just that there are side effects to claiming that..

Anywho, it's a cool concept, but not very realistic for it being a wrist ring. Bracelet, maybe.

Battery technology is no where near what this would require. It's nice to draw up some fancy design but without the supporting technology all you have is something thats fit for a sci-fi show.

actually that might be the answer to 2 problems addressed here. if you make room for the bulk of the battery and make sure there is plenty of weight there you won't have to worry about the inflating band to keep it in the right position. the weight of the battery bulk would always rotate to the lowest point.

It's going to be prohibitively difficult to manufacture electronics in this form factor. I've never seen a curved PCB, nor a flat strip narrow enough inside that packaging. How would you mount flat silicon/chips to an array of non-flat solder points? Maybe if the pcb or ribbon is flexible enough.....

This appears to basically serve as a UI (HCI) to the music player, which might as well exist in your in-ear headphones.

It's definitely a unique concept. They should hire him just for that.

actually that might be the answer to 2 problems addressed here. if you make room for the bulk of the battery and make sure there is plenty of weight there you won't have to worry about the inflating band to keep it in the right position. the weight of the battery bulk would always rotate to the lowest point.

Maybe it works like those self-charging seiko watches. They charge the battery with a tiny pendulum, absorbing motion energy as you move it about. Considering this is nike and "sports-related" I'm surprised htey didnt' try something like that already.

I could see this morphing into a piece of body jewelry.

"Dude! You've got tunes coming out of your nose!" :p

like I stated above, it wouldn't be able to be as small as the pic, but there really isn't a reason something very similar couldn't be made with todays technology. Like most techonology, v1 would be a little larger than expected then v2 or 3 would bring it down to a smaller size.

http://www.brookstone.com/sl/product/12061-vuzix-iwear-av310-widescreen-video-glasses.html

Here are some display glasses that give you a picture equal to a 52" screen.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/532065-REG/Myvu_MA_0495_Solo_Plus_Edition_Personal.html

Here is another similar device.

Neither are very large. The first didn't give a battery size, the second gives you 4 hours per charge.

A good example of technology getting smaller in this field are the sun glasses with built in mp3 players.

Back