iBook Battery Question

msnowst9

n00b
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
13
I just recently bought a new ibook from apple. Well actually it was from the refurb scetion but it looks brand new to me. Its a G4 12" 1ghz, the problem I am having is that I took the battery out and after I put it back in it doesnt sit flush with the casing. Its only a small gap and it works fine it just makes the ibook look slightly off. Not sure if any other people have had this problem or if it is common but any advice would be great.
 
guess not many people have this problem maby ill take it over to the aplle store see what they say
 
My PowerBook's battery doesn't sit in quite right either. Just about 1 mm off though. I don't think there is much you can do about it short of physically forcing it to stay in place on way or another.
 
mines does the same thing, pretty normal i think. doesn't interupt my using the ibook although on an unrelated note i lost one of the rubber feet :( and there is no way i'm paying 20 bucks for a set of 3 new ones.
 
I've had a couple feet fall off, but I managed to find them all and superglue them back on.
 
i've never seen an ibook with a battery that sat flush, it's just one of those things you get used to. i think it's the spring in the battery mount.

*shrugs*
 
Back
Top