IBM x60s dual external display

UltraJounin

Limp Gawd
I'm not even sure if this is something tweakable or if any drivers have been created out there for this but at work I have an IBM X60s. The problem is that I have just been given a second 19" external monitor because the laptop monitor is just too small (less than 12")...and i'd like to go dual external but the laptop/docking station only has one analog video output.

I recently purchased a Matrox DualHead2Go to be able to have dual output. But at the moment the display only works as a 2048 x 768 meaning both of my monitors display at 1024x768 each. But for 19", to get best quality image I'd need 2560x1024 which is supported by the Matrox device but not by my Intel 945 gfx card (224MB).

So basically i'd like to ask if anyone knows of tweaked drivers that allow 2560x1024 for the 945 chipset?

thanks,

ps. i check 3dguru but there doesnt seem to be one...

Not the solution you are prob looking for but another option would be to return that dual head and get either an usb to vga adapter or a pcmcia video adapter. The usb ones seem to work ok for basic stuff from what I've seen. Haven't messed with the pcmcia ones but that are expensive.

Not the solution you are prob looking for but another option would be to return that dual head and get either an usb to vga adapter or a pcmcia video adapter. The usb ones seem to work ok for basic stuff from what I've seen. Haven't messed with the pcmcia ones but that are expensive.

Actually its much simpler than what I was thinking... I may just try that.

thanks!

Back