IBM T41p didn't come with Restore disk?

A-HOL

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got my t41p in the mail from IBM, but they didn't send the restore disks with the laptop. Can I call them up and get them to send it to me? Why wouldn't they send them out in the first place..

A-HOL said:
I just got my t41p in the mail from IBM, but they didn't send the restore disks with the laptop. Can I call them up and get them to send it to me? Why wouldn't they send them out in the first place..

Because everything you need to reinstall is on the HD already in Predesktop partition.
But yes you can call them within your 1st 30 days and have them send you the recovery cd set for free after your 30 days they are like $30 bucks.

for the IBM's you can download a utility off the IBM support website to allow you to burn the restore CD's

it is very advisable to burn the cd's run a MD5 sum on them to check them for problems
and if they pass, reformat the HD load the Os from a standard XP disc (or 2000 if you prefer) and then go to the IBM website and download the latest drivers

IBM does not upgrade the ghoast images they use for new laptops but once every 6 months, and i have seen them ship ones with slightly corupt images

have fun with the new t41p

as already said, everything you need is on the restore partition, however you should do a fresh install as tiebird said, the T41p is an older model so chances are it did come with the older drivers

you can call them and they will send it for free. i did that for my t40p. i literally got it 12 hours after i called. they mailed it that quickly

I have a recovery CD set for a T41P....

only...I don't own a T41P any more.

I forgot to send it back when I RMA'd it.

should I toss it in the trash, or on ebay? :p

tiebird321 said:
for the IBM's you can download a utility off the IBM support website to allow you to burn the restore CD's

it is very advisable to burn the cd's run a MD5 sum on them to check them for problems
and if they pass, reformat the HD load the Os from a standard XP disc (or 2000 if you prefer) and then go to the IBM website and download the latest drivers

IBM does not upgrade the ghoast images they use for new laptops but once every 6 months, and i have seen them ship ones with slightly corupt images

have fun with the new t41p

do you happen to know the name of this utility or a link to the file? thanks

Back