Ibm P77 17"

Moofasa~

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a a Samsung SyncMaster 750s, its not a "bad" moniter, it can do 1280 x 1024 @ 60hz with great image quality (though its not flat). Problem is, it's starting to die on me... Now I have a SyncMaster 753DF moniter too, but the image quality is not up to "snuff" with the 750s (and its brightness is weak), and it really bothers me alot. Now I have about $300 to spend on a new one . I am looking for a 17 inch moniter, and a 1280 x 1024 @ (75+)hz resolution with great image quality. Now I guess it doesn't have to be a flat crt (really don't know the advantages of them, if someone could clarify?).

Now we come to the "point" of this thread, I have found the IBM P77 that looks to fit my needs, it looks good, .24 dot pitch, 1280x1024 @ 85hz, has the sony trilinor thing, and I believe its a flat crt. According to pcworld, it has really good image quality and it has a nice refresh rate. But it weighs in about $250. I was just wondering what you guys thought/feel about this moniter or other moniters close to this one. I am really "blind" in this area, any help is appreciated.

-MoOfAsA

Back