IBM officially kills OS/2

thanks, that reminds me...
I should "check in" on our company voice response telephone system; running on OS/2.
Its been about a year since I logged onto it... I think it is still running :eek: :p

j4zzee said:
thanks, that reminds me...
I should "check in" on our company voice response telephone system; running on OS/2.
Its been about a year since I logged onto it... I think it is still running :eek: :p

And you wonder why you havn't got any messages as of late. :)

Yea the scary thing is that there is a lot of systems still based off OS/2. Hell I still see a lot of dec alpha systems running true 64.

legendary = old = cool, damnit.

[gets all nostalgic] aaah the good ol days.

I ran OS/2 from 1993 to 1996 and I loved every minute of it. For the time it was simply a fantastic OS. I ran a 2-line DOS BBS under it and it ran so smooth and so perfect.

I had some nostalgia the other day. I went to the bank to open a new account and the PC at the bank rep's desktop was running OS/2 Warp 4.

Did they ever even make USB support? I know Warp4 had some very basic Plug n Play, but I don't think they did much with it support-wise after 1997 or so.

This is sad. But I guess it makes sense since nobody ever used it because IBM didn't have the greedy selfish control that Microsoft did. OS/2 was a great OS and would have spanked anything Microsoft had to offer had it actually had a chance in the market place. But unfortunately, Microsoft's control over the market made their inferior OS dominate IBM's superior OS. :mad: :mad:

Super Mario said:
This is sad. But I guess it makes sense since nobody ever used it because IBM didn't have the greedy selfish control that Microsoft did. OS/2 was a great OS and would have spanked anything Microsoft had to offer had it actually had a chance in the market place. But unfortunately, Microsoft's control over the market made their inferior OS dominate IBM's superior OS. :mad: :mad:
Lol. The reason OS/2 lost was because IBM wanted to make sure the PC's never ever competed against their mainframe market. Read the history books. ;)

Back