• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

IBM M1015 with ssd write performance issues

Phorcys

n00b
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
1
Hello,

I have issues with the write performance with a ssd attached to a IBM M1015 (Flashed to LSI 9211 IR) with the latest lsi driver. I have a Samsung 840 250GB attached to the controller and read speeds are fine but the write speeds are terrible.

The Seq write is about 168MB/s, 4K about 0,9MB/s and the 4K-64thrd is about 8,116MB/s. I used AS SSD for benchmark.

I have also attached a Samsung 840 EVO and have the same results on the writes also the controller is tested in another machine.

Is the IBM M1015 not capable of handling a single SSD? Also tried with the default firmware and the IT firmware.

Someone else recognize this problem? I am totally lost...

I hope someone can help me with this problem.
 
Last edited:
i'm using zfs on linux with ibm 1015s in IT mode and am getting anywhere from 250-300MB/s with sequential writes using dd and a block size of 1meg. I know that's not the same as AS SSD, but ti gives you some context.

How much ram do you have? Maybe the drive isn't partitioned right? Have you benched it attached to your native(mobo) sata port?
 
Back
Top