• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

IBM M1015 firmware

Joined
Jan 2, 2015
Messages
7
Hi,
I have this card with original firmware version 4.31.00 , 8th June 2012

I need to upgrade it as when I attach the 8th hard drive the controller remains halted at drive init.

I have tried the LSI 9211-8i IT mode firmware but for some reason it creates great problems to Open Media Vault 2.1 installation and Realtek LAN when usin OMV 3.0

I ask 2 questions:

Which is the latest IBM Megaraid Firmware and where I could find it ?

Could I use the standard LSI 9240-8i without the risk of loosing the content of the open media vault soft waid I have inizialided with the original IBM firmware ?

Thanks in advance
Giuseppe Chillemi
 
Which is the latest IBM Megaraid Firmware and where I could find it ?

Could I use the standard LSI 9240-8i without the risk of loosing the content of the open media vault soft waid I have inizialided with the original IBM firmware ?
Only if the 9240-8i supports IT Mode/JBOD/whatever it's called. You need to present the drives to the system individually for open media vault (really the Linux kernel) to detect the RAID.

As to #1: Which firmware version are you running? Kind of important there... There's firmware here for the 9211-8i but that may or may not work. (look for the IT firmware)
 
Back
Top