Ibm Epp #

hijynx54

Limp Gawd
I have decided to purchase an IBM thinkpad, and wanted to know if anyone had an EPP number/last name they could share? Would greatly appreciate it since I am looking at a laptop that will run 2,000 - 2,500. Do not have much to offer in return except my love and freindship! :D Though would be glad to try and assist you or do something in return if I can.

Thanks in advance, you can PM me if you do not wish to post here.

ygpm. I got the code off Genmay yesterday, and bought a 2668-75U (a $2400 laptop) for $1559 before upgrades, $1850 after tax, 3 year on-site warranty, and 2nd hdd adapter.

If you're wanting more RAM, let me know...I'm selling the 512mb that it comes with as soon as I get it.

i hope that who ever that number belongs to is no longer working with the company, its likely to get that person fired if it gets noticed. First problem is that number is their personal ID number.

I googled for the number when it wasn't working for me yesterday, and found it posted somewhere else over a year ago...I called them up and told them the code, and they said no problem...

laserdemon said:
i hope that who ever that number belongs to is no longer working with the company, its likely to get that person fired if it gets noticed. First problem is that number is their personal ID number.
The number is given to employees to use for that purchasing. It is for Friends/Family purchase program.

Some moths employees are given bonuses for or rewards such as a free laptop or something for selling through it, regular employees such as techs and engineers.

Its not used to gain access to any confidential part of the website. Its only used when you place an order to confirm which employee gets credit for the sale and that you have some relation to that employee in order to obtain that number. At least as far as I can tell. I could be wrong.

Well am pricing out my specs, but two things. Whats difference between t42 and t43? Look? they look same and same specs from what I am seeing. Anyone know?

Also how their warranty work? Good quality/service? it comes with a 3 year onsite repair 9x5/next business day but am unsure of the process they use if anyone can fill me in.

Thanks.

it probably comes with 3 year DEPOT. 9x5 on site is an add-on.

T42: DDR, i855, AGP

T43: DDR2, i915, PCI-e

I know I sound stupid, but what they mean by depot? and on site? That mean they come to you? Or?

depot (the standard warranty) means you ship it off.

on-site means they send someone over to you.

Ah ok, cool.

Are EPP numbers good forever? I got one that works now but think I might wait until X-mas time and hope prices drop a little. Especially since I can't seem to get the config I want on the t43. If I want a 128mb vid card I need to get a like 5400rpm HD, and if I want a 7200rpm HD I need to get a 64mb vid card. Only way I can get both is if I order the preconfiged model thats like 2700 where as if I just sub out one of those things its like 1900.

To clarify, IBM support is typically very good. You call in or report via webform, they send you a box via overnight, peel off a label and call to schedule pickup time, and ship it back via overnight with no charge to yourself.

The EPP code is good forever as long as that person is still en employee I imagine.

download the TABOOK, call the EPP guys, and ask what pricing you can get on the model you want.

personally, I'm weening myself off of gaming, so the 64mb X300 is fine with me. My suggestion to you? get the 128 you want with the slower hdd, spend the $40 for the hdd adapter, and buy your favorite 7200rpm drive. If you're not using your optical, you can have 2 hdds in there.

I'm going to have a 2nd 20gb, a 2nd battery, or the DVD+-RW. If it's anything like last time, I'll almost never use the optical...

I personally make a living off gaming (sell everquest stuff), so I don't think that x300 can run EQ too well. I do not need it to be that great, but enough to hop on and off without lagging to death, depsite it being a rather old game. If I call the EPP guys, can they customize it more than the site?

actually. the x300 will run EQ(1) exceptionally well, given its an old OLD engine.
EQ2 will run fine at low detail at the lcd's native res.

Menelmarar said:
The number is given to employees to use for that purchasing. It is for Friends/Family purchase program.

Some moths employees are given bonuses for or rewards such as a free laptop or something for selling through it, regular employees such as techs and engineers.

Its not used to gain access to any confidential part of the website. Its only used when you place an order to confirm which employee gets credit for the sale and that you have some relation to that employee in order to obtain that number. At least as far as I can tell. I could be wrong.

The only reason i said anything is because i worked for ibm up until a year ago, and it was your personal id number, but you are right, i forgot that it was called "friends and family" so i guess there would not be a problem. I can also say that leaving that number on your desk was a BIG no no, we had several instances of security audits about that. things could have changed, no biggie

laserdemon said:
The only reason i said anything is because i worked for ibm up until a year ago, and it was your personal id number, but you are right, i forgot that it was called "friends and family" so i guess there would not be a problem. I can also say that leaving that number on your desk was a BIG no no, we had several instances of security audits about that. things could have changed, no biggie
Man... All we get at Rackspace are free shirts and Novell/RedHat/Microsoft/Cisco schwag.

Oh well, I haven't bought an article of clothing in 18 months thanks to them :D

I'm about to buy a laptop - anyone care to help me out with the code?

Back