IBM Deskstar 75GXP

https://hardforum.com/threads/fsft-rules-read-before-posting-or-commenting.1891705/
(16) No BUYING, TRADING, or SELLING anywhere with the exception of the For Sale / Trade forum. The FS/T forum has its own set of specific rules and has a required 100 post minimum to participate. WARNING: Do not spam the forums to reach the required minimum, your posts will be deleted or your account banned. Please read their rules before posting in that forum. No PRICE CHECKS allowed except in General Mayhem. [H]ard|Forum is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the For Sale / Trade forum.

there is a reason for those limitations...

Thank you for the heads up, will be noted. My account isn't new, just never post here. FB marketplace became a go to.

Yeah... these things had the highest failure rate out of any drive back then. We got given a case of about 40 of them that a company was getting rid of because they were failing so fast. Out of those 40, at least 10 were completely dead. Pretty sure we went through the rest of them pretty quickly at home.

The nickname DeatStar was absolutely deserved. I am quite surprised that there are any still working..... kind of like the odds of getting hit by lightning multiple times or winning the jackpot in the lottery.

The only thing I can think of that had worse failure rates back then were SuperMicro motherboards. No less than a 90% failure rate. The place I worked at refused to sell them anymore.

People buy these to use at their psychological counseling sessions when discussing Deathstar PTSD.

Back