• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

iBest and Logisys PSU's

philodox

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
372
the clear one looks cool. But friend, let me give you some advice, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER rely on a generic/budget power supply. I've been running a generic 400watt power supply in my rig ... athlon 2500+ @ 3200+, 1 gig PC2700 @ PC3200, radeon 9800 pro, thermaltake volcano 12 & giant iii, dual layer dual format dvd burner .... and my generic power supply FRIED ALL OF THAT!!!!! (including some more stuff...)
 
I just took a look at these power supplies the other day at Microcenter, but it was under a different manufacturer. The few things that caught my eye was the external outlets and that it had dual fuses.
I figure that if the external outlets blew out you could still use the powersupply. I will wait till quite a few people buy them, or other well know manufacturers make them as well and write a review on it.
 
MATTRESS said:
I've been running a generic 400watt power supply in my rig ... athlon 2500+ @ 3200+, 1 gig PC2700 @ PC3200, radeon 9800 pro, thermaltake volcano 12 & giant iii, dual layer dual format dvd burner .... and my generic power supply FRIED ALL OF THAT!!!!! (including some more stuff...)
ouch, sorry to hear that :(
Scorpionjwp said:
I just took a look at these power supplies the other day at Microcenter, but it was under a different manufacturer. The few things that caught my eye was the external outlets and that it had dual fuses.
I figure that if the external outlets blew out you could still use the powersupply. I will wait till quite a few people buy them, or other well know manufacturers make them as well and write a review on it.
yeah, the external outlets look interesting on that one... I suppose you couldnt hook your monitor to it... but everything else is fair game I guess... I might go this route and rather than getting a powerbar, get one of those fancy advanced outlets [name slipping my mind] installed and plug the computer and monitor into each... then run everything else into the computer PSU... its 650W, so it should be able to handle it ;)
 
If you do decide to buy this powersupply with the external outlets, please tell us how it goes, I mean the stability and other features.
 
Will do... it probably wont be for a while yet though :(

buying a house... so I'd probably get in shit from the wife if I started spending money right now :D

but back on topic... I think it would be pretty cool if you could have one of these PSU's with the external outlets and have it also modular on the inside...
 
Back
Top