IB-E or spend else where..

redrage

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
503
Opinions..

Stay with my plan and go with the 4930?
Wait for the next gen Radeon card
Get a 'bigger' monitor 30' 1600p or second 1440 (i want a 4k but wow expensive lol)


Currently running a SB-E 3930, my Plan was to go IB-E when it came out but after reading more about it.. it doesn't seem like it is worth it for me currently, but I've already budgeted $600 for it so....

Currently using a HD 7950 for video that has been mostly doing bitcoin but has done BLOPS2 and SWTOR from time to time

Currently using a QNIX 1440 with occasional issues (ever few months it throws a fit for an hour or two then is fine again)
 

Shogon

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 15, 2013
Messages
374
I would wait for the next gen cards from AMD before the 4930k. You have a 3930k @ 4.2, it sounds ass backwards coming from me since I bought a 4930k but you won't notice anything when you get that CPU in. I'm not expecting a hell of a lot since I had a 3930k @ 4.7, and a 3820 @ 5.0 currently, but I guess I'm buying into the VALID pci express 3 support for Nvidia and having 6 cores again. I can let you know how it overclocks and such, but with how word has been on it I don't know whether to expect similar to my 3930k or worse.

With $600 budgeted already you could buy the top of the line card from AMD when it is released. Maybe add $50 or so if they price it equally with the GTX 780.

Then again the 7950 is still a contender for everything out there, and at it's current price getting a second isn't bad at under $200, but when it comes to new tech I understand. I'm guilty of buying the latest.

That's unfortunate regarding your monitor. I don't know the insides of one but something has to be messed up for that to be happening, it's good it goes back to normal though.

The 30" 1600p will be nice, though I'm sure you would have to spend around $800 or so for one, whereas you can get another Korean 1440p monitor for under half that.
 

clownshoes

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2012
Messages
192
Yep, the 3930k is a beast of a chip. Unless these Ivy Bridge chips all clock @ 5Ghz+ there really isn't a point in upgrading.
 

OFaceSIG

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
3,245
I love my 3930k to death. Now with IB-E out you can probably get a good deal on one.
 

FRZ

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Messages
3,351
I have a 3930k just like you, and was excited to switch to IB-E. But since it is such a meager upgrade from SB-E, I am going to hold off until probably around black Friday where the price should be significantly reduced from what it is now.
 

Araxie

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
6,452
wait until haswell-E 8 Cores Chip.. =D thats what i would do.
 

Araxie

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
6,452
Forget Gtx 780, wait for 9000/R Series cards.

+1 here.. it will worth to wait until AMD shoot the new cards, the less you could expect its a price drop in the GTX 780. specially if the TITAN ultra and GTX790 will be launch in the arround of AMD launch date..
 

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
1,623
+1 for waiting. I also want to do a CPU upgrade to get mATX or ITX but it is hardly worth it from a performance standpoint.
 

SpeedyVV

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
4,211
@redrage sell me your 3930K and buy yourself a nice IB-e and a GTX 780 ;)
 

redrage

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
503
think i decided to wait till the new Radeon cards, unless there is a huge sale or something.
 
Top