i7 Out in retail!!!

Holy Shit Really? You probably got a DFI lanparty Nforce4 to go with that to boot right? I watercooled that exact same rig too! hahaha...

OMG. Just had one of those "waving at someone driving the same car as mine moments." :eek:

Sadly, I got/still have an ASUS A8n-Sli Deluxe. But I'm pretty darn psyched for i7. Just waiting to see some first and second impressions, and for more mainstream products to come out. :D

what is the actual release date?Anyone stocking now to buy

Wasn't the "real" release date Nov. 16th?
 
Fry's has retail Core i7 chips on the CPU board now. IIRC, those were priced at $300 for the 920, $595 for the 940 and $1200 for the 965 XE. I didn't ask if any were in stock since i'm not planning on buying one.
 
Please delete..

Sorry guys...having some computer issues. Trying to post my questions/responses in one post.
 
Fry's has retail Core i7 chips on the CPU board now. IIRC, those were priced at $300 for the 920, $595 for the 940 and $1200 for the 965 XE. I didn't ask if any were in stock since i'm not planning on buying one.

Wow, so, $300 vs $595. How do they justify darn near 2x the extra cost for the mid-range chip,.....does it have something the 920 doesn't that I missed?

Well thats true but I haven't been a club hopper in a fewyears since I got married. So for me my going out expenses are alot lower. :)

Preach on! :)

I'm not sure if being married is more expensive or if I am actually saving about $10,000/year. LOL

Because we all know gaming is the only thing you can do on a computer.:rolleyes:

My computer is only used for gaming.

I use my 360 for ironing/baking.

Sheeeeet. Talk about gouging. They're listing the 920 pre-order now for $399.99!!!!
Go to Tankguys.com people. I just ordered mine for $329 today plus $9 for shipping (going out the 17th). Extra good cuz I don't have to pay tax either (live in CA).

Us CA people don't have to pay tax if we buy from Tankguys?

*Runs to Tankguys*
 
Wow, so, $300 vs $595. How do they justify darn near 2x the extra cost for the mid-range chip,.....does it have something the 920 doesn't that I missed?
i7 is not mid-range. It's high end. :p The 920 for $300 is a "gift." ;)
 
pxc said:
Fry's has retail Core i7 chips on the CPU board now. IIRC, those were priced at $300 for the 920, $595 for the 940 and $1200 for the 965 XE. I didn't ask if any were in stock since i'm not planning on buying one.

Gah, well I guess I ended up overpaying by $30 on the 920 if Fry's is selling the 920 for only $300. I can live with it though.

I see tankguys is selling their chips now.

Yes, my 920 from TankGuys was shipped today via FedEx Ground. Too bad it's signature required upon delivery.

pxc said:
i7 is not mid-range. It's high end. The 920 for $300 is a "gift."

I think Arklight was comparing the 920 to the mid-range 940.
 
Back
Top