i7 Out in retail!!!

sdsdv10

Weaksauce
Just started reading a thread about a guy out in Silicon Valley that just bought a i7 965 extreme CPU and Asus P6T Deluxe MB. Check out the thread here.

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/406091-i7-out-wild.html

006.jpg

Weird. I wonder how that store got the chips and boards so early. Online places are still listing both for preorder.

For anyone wanting to see benchmarks: there's only a CPU-Z validation link on page 14 and no other benchmarks posted yet. Start on page 15 later.

My first guess is someone at the store forgot to look at the earliest allowed shelfdate and put them out early. *DOH*

My first guess is someone at the store forgot to look at the earliest allowed shelfdate and put them out early. *DOH*
That's why I don't get why/how they got the chips so early. If launch isn't for more than 2 weeks, i doubt computer stores would sit on inventory that long. It's just a CPU, not a new console that is released every 5 years. Maybe launch is a lot sooner than 11/17. AT has had boards and chips almost a month.

$75, +- a little.

I had to register to reply and it was the last post on the page. :(

That's why I don't get why/how they got the chips so early.

I read on another board a comment by a hardware reviewer from Eastern Europe who said the NDA on i7 was going to lift on November 3rd (this Monday). Less than 24 hours later the thread was edited with "Remove on request by Intel" in place of the original post. Of course I don't know if it means anything or not, but if they do release on Monday then two days early is no big deal... :confused:

It is the internets, so that could be all just a bunch of BS. :rolleyes:

wow, i just finished reading the hole, thread. i cant belive some of those assholes there being jelous. thats some sick chip...thinking of selling my desktop to buy that. Ty for link!!

Yea same here, I'll even go out of my way and go below my standards on my bank account to buy that. It won't bankrupt me, but I can bypass the barrier just this once!

Sweet - I go to that computer store (Cental Computers) from time to time. It's a great place to pick up stuff that the bigger stores don't have.

I better stay out of there or may be tempted to scrap my whole system and go i7!!!

So it's going for 1075......That's cheaper than the price speculated by members here.

not bad deal, I guess some more people will have them coming up this week.

I read on another board a comment by a hardware reviewer from Eastern Europe who said the NDA on i7 was going to lift on November 3rd (this Monday). Less than 24 hours later the thread was edited with "Remove on request by Intel" in place of the original post. Of course I don't know if it means anything or not, but if they do release on Monday then two days early is no big deal... :confused:

It is the internets, so that could be all just a bunch of BS. :rolleyes:

Id' look out for Monday:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033238954&postcount=64

(Read the last line in the post i link to :D )

I wonder what the launch prices are gonna be?
ALso if the mobos will be cheaper then $300 anytime soon.

Gotta make the 64x2 last another year before I can afford to go to i7

Over a grand... Way to much Ill wait a few months.

You do realize that's the EE wtfipwnubbq edition right? Noone says you have to buy that one nor should you in fact. Unless you plan on extreme overclocking and/or are using at least water or exotic cooling.
The I920/940 will overclock great and are reasonably priced. Especially the 920 around $300.00? Hardly what I'd call unreasonable, what about you?

I want that board, not sure If I am going to get a EE i7 yet though.
Looks like i'll be waiting for the P55 boards and Havendale CPUs in the middle of next year. I'm still perfectly happy with an overclocked Q6600 right now.

For anyone thinking about it: I wouldn't plan on going to Central Computers to pick up one of these CPU's.

I was there this morning right before they opened . . . and the guy that walked in the door right before me was the Intel rep. He told them to pull everything i7 off their shelves and not sell them until the 16th. They discovered the original thread from the other forum and sent him there this morning to yank all i7 CPU's from the displays.

I watched as the store employee pulled the 1 Extreme CPU and about 3-4 mid-level CPU out of the display. That latter CPU was in the mid $600's.

If only I was 5 minutes earlier or the Intel rep 5 minutes later, I would have an i7 in my hands right now!!!!!!!!

D'OH!!!!!!!

i7 is launching tomorrow? Wow....I thought it wasnt launching till mid to late November.

wow they got busted
You should of told the intel rep to let you get your stuff.When he said no your reply should of been
IT'S ON CUZ

forget the intel rep, that store is fucked.

Actually, while I did hear a couple of sentences with the word "lawyers" in them, the Intel guy was pretty nice about it. He just told them to pull 'em and not sell anymore until the 16th.

Hm...so it's going to be a "soft" launch? Lots of reviews and info coming out on Nov. 3, but we can't buy one until the 16th? That'll suck.

God, if i had been in that neighborhood yesterday i would have gotten one and ebayed it.

wow, i just finished reading the hole, thread. i cant belive some of those assholes there being jelous. thats some sick chip...thinking of selling my desktop to buy that. Ty for link!!

Yeah... "jealous" of someone paying $1075+mobo for something with no gains in gaming.

Back