xSystemFailurex
Gawd
- Joined
- Aug 15, 2004
- Messages
- 650
Actually, probably more of a CPU-Z question. I'm trying to get the rig in my sig stable at 5.0Ghz, (currently running win7 at 50 multi setting in BIOS as I type this) but CPU-Z is reporting that it's running at 4.9Ghz with a 49x multi. What up with this? Is CPU-Z incorrect? Or worse, is it correct?
Bonus question, is 1.405v a safe voltage in the long run? I know "safe" is in the eye of the overclocker, but still...
EIST and C1E are disabled.
Also, at 4.8Ghz running Prime95, the multiplier gets put down to 46.
TL;DR, I can't load my OC'D CPU without it reducing the multiplier. All power saving options I know of are turned off in BIOS.
Bonus question, is 1.405v a safe voltage in the long run? I know "safe" is in the eye of the overclocker, but still...
EIST and C1E are disabled.
Also, at 4.8Ghz running Prime95, the multiplier gets put down to 46.
TL;DR, I can't load my OC'D CPU without it reducing the multiplier. All power saving options I know of are turned off in BIOS.
Last edited: