• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I7 D0 question

groebuck

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
2,689
I am using a Cool it Domino on my core I7 - OC'ed I can run 4.0 HT on and HT off temps for HT on after 6 mins of linpak (from occt) are just shy of 90. With HT off they hit 79-81. In the OCCT stress test It is more like 74-75 and I have run it 9 hours straight. The OCCT reports a volatge fo 1.44 - is that too much? I have dropped it down to 1.3 and 3.8 ghz and it is still rock solid and better temps..

so my questions are - linpack that is like uber stress right? it hitting 90 on one core is okay since in the real world I will never work my machine at that level for that amount of time??

voltage 1.44 - is that too high?
 
I would say that anything over 1.35 is usually "unnecessary" as such, you shouldn't need to go higher than that. I have an average C0 chip and doing 3.93 GHz@ 1.3v. 4.0GHz requires about 1.4v, then it starts to get hot.
Also, you'll be fine running 90c in linpack, its stresses [H]ard as hell.
 
1.44 vcore is a bit high, but since its a D0 you should have no problems with a 4ghz overclock with a 1.25 vcore or a lil higher around 1.27v. YMMV though, really depends on batch.
 
Back
Top