i7 couldn't handle norton and adobe

Make sure that your memory timing, speed and voltage is correct, sometimes a "barely" stable RAM setting would cause a slow down too.

Something is wrong I have 4x 15k HDD in my i7 rig and haven't noticed any slowdowns, i quickpar 30gb files and compressing video that and doing everything while i play Killing Floor, I really see no problems. I guess that seagate is just not up for to the task, usually you run out of i/o's before the cpu so check your facts. Get better HDD and do a clean install of the OS.

Last edited:
First off CS4 is a buggy piece of crap at the moment. I support it at work and on machines that it should run dog slow on it runs ok on. Machines that it should fly on it runs dog slow on and either causes bluescreens or crashes the machines. Actually had to roll back to 2 year old drivers to get it working on these machines at work without crashing but that's a whole other story.It is VERY picky about drivers.

Can't say this loud enough, I freaking hate Norton Anti Virus/Security products. We just did a company wide rollout of Symantec Endpoint ..... Systems run anywhere from ok to files disappearing, to the machine hitting 100% CPU usage doing nothing etc etc... and God forbid it finds a file it does not like... :(

Kangg said:
First off CS4 is a buggy piece of crap at the moment. I support it at work and on machines that it should run dog slow on it runs ok on. Machines that it should fly on it runs dog slow on and either causes bluescreens or crashes the machines. Actually had to roll back to 2 year old drivers to get it working on these machines at work without crashing but that's a whole other story.It is VERY picky about drivers.

Agreed, I wish I'd have never upgraded Fireworks from CS3 to CS4.

Been running Photoshop cs4 64bit for about 4 months now, extensivly with out any issues.

Dreamweaver still steaming pile of crap though, "out of memory" errors when doing certain search and replaces in folders.

Back