• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 clocking down when idle

M4573R

Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
522
My i7 is clocking down to a x16 or x17 multiplier even though I turned speed step off. Isn't that what controls it? I have a P6T deluxe v2.
 
c1e also needs to be disabled.

i keep it on so it can go to s3 sleep when im not using the comp. saves me money every month on the power bill.
 
Anything in the BIOS labeled as C1E, C2/C2E, C4/C4E or EIST needs to be disabled. But if the downclocking isn't causing a problem there's no reason to disable it. Your CPU will idle cooler and use less energy.
 
And I can trust that it will actually clock up when I need to? I assume it's based on load percentage?
 
It clocks up instantly... even on the smallest of loads... you open a program and you'll see it jump back up to normal speed, then once you're idle it'll drop back down...

It's a nice feature if your overclock is stable...
 
Back
Top