• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 965EE questions

Fiyaballz

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
90
So I was lucky enough to have just won a free Intel i7 965 EE, and im curious as to how well these OC, its gonna be the first piece in a new rig im gonna build. what is considered a good stepping to get? how high can I expect to get on just the stock cooling?

the info on the cpu reads as follows :

SLBCJ costa rica
3.20ghz/8m/6.40/08
3838B044

thanks in advance for the info.
 
I'm sure they overclock fairly well, especially with the unlocked multiplier. I would suggest that you get an i7 920 if you were considering buying one of these (since the maximum overclock will generally be around the same), but since you won it for free just go ahead and enjoy it. Personally, I wouldn't push more than a 5-20% overclock on stock cooling. The important thing is to monitor your load temperatures when overclocking to ensure that they do not exceed 80C.
 
thanks for that heads up, any idea if this is considered a good stepping or not?
 
now with sexy pics!

cpu1.jpg

cpu2.jpg

cpu3.jpg
 
Back
Top