DeathbyPutz
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 12, 2009
- Messages
- 169
Is there enough of a performance increase with the 965/975 over the 920d0 to justify the $500-700 price increase?
It seems that just about all the i7 systems I see on the boards are using a 920, and it seems to have great oc potential.
I haven't really seen any reviews of the 965 or 975, nor have I noticed anyone with one in their sig. Is this because the performance return on investment is minimal? Do the higher-end i7 chips have more oc headroom at similar stability/heat, or anything really to make them worth the price premium?
It seems that just about all the i7 systems I see on the boards are using a 920, and it seems to have great oc potential.
I haven't really seen any reviews of the 965 or 975, nor have I noticed anyone with one in their sig. Is this because the performance return on investment is minimal? Do the higher-end i7 chips have more oc headroom at similar stability/heat, or anything really to make them worth the price premium?