• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 930 HT on issue

gpitpitan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 15, 2004
Messages
248
Windows and all the monitoring programs (CPU Z, real temp, core temp, prime 95) dont seem to recognize my processor as having 4 cores. When I enable Hyperthreading in BIOS i load in to show only two cores in real temp. I tried booting at different multipliers and Bclk but it still only recognizes 2 cores. And I also go back to default stock settings as well.

Now, when i shut off HT and load back into windows, im at 4 cores 4 threads.

I dont have any other problems besides being unable to properly use HT.

Any ideas?

Seems like something i might have to send back?
 
Last edited:
They will not know you OC'ed it unless you tell them/see this thread. Reseat the CPU in the socket and remount the cooler. Don't over tighten it.
 
They will not know you OC'ed it unless you tell them/see this thread. Reseat the CPU in the socket and remount the cooler. Don't over tighten it.

Forgot to mention that I just reseated the CPU and H70 block and it still shows the same issue.
 
Back
Top