i7 930 + GA-X58A-UD3R = $488 shipped

Please keep FS/T in the appropriate forum. Thanks---Rags

Last edited by a moderator:
You can build a 920 + MB w same features combo for $100 less. I suppose though that its a MicroCenter only thing though, so this is good for people w/o them.

I'll try not to post before coffee again.

This same combo was on sale at superbiz for 30 bucks less yesterday.

You can build a 920 + MB w same features combo for $100 less. I suppose though that its a MicroCenter only thing though, so this is good for people w/o them.

I'll try not to post before coffee again.

LOL, no problem, I have the same problem about posting without coffee. So you would pick the 920 over the 930 and a mobo without USB 3.0?

LOL, no problem, I have the same problem about posting without coffee. So you would pick the 920 over the 930 and a mobo without USB 3.0?
No, he was comparing a microcenter deal (CPU as a $100 loss leader) with what the rest of us can buy online. The cheapest 920/1366 pairing on newegg is about $450 and comes with an ASrock mobo.

The cheapest USB3 board outside the combo is $80 more expensive AR/combo discount. If you want a 920 you can get the same $25 combo deal. It also appears to apply to at least some other mobos.

My concern would be the overclockability of this board. It's cooling system is much smaller than the normal gigabyte boards; and I wonder how many fewer phases of power it provides.

Back